Aviation Management is the study program meant for those aiming to acquire both a pilot license and a degree in Aviation Management as well as to start a career in a global, dynamic and continuously growing field of aviation. A student obtains professional qualification and a degree: graduates of this program obtain a license of either a private pilot or a pilot of commercial aviation as well as a bachelor degree in Aviation Management.
Form of studies: Full-time studies
Duration of studies: 3,5 years
Studies begin: September 2013
PILOT LICENSE AND AVIATION MANAGEMENT BACHELOR PROGRAM ADVANTAGES
Students of Aviation Management Program can acquire a license of either a private pilot PPL(A) or a pilot of commercial aviation CPL(A) as they have the possibility to choose extra modules in Baltic Aviation Academy, which is in close cooperation with Kazimieras Simonavicius University.
What do you obtain after graduation?
- a license of a private pilot (PPL(A)), which entitles them to pilot a single-pilot single-engine aircraft or a CPL(A)/IR, ME (ATPL frozen) license entitling them to pilot a single-pilot single-engine aircraft and a multi-pilot multi-engine aircraft as a second commercial pilot;
- a bachelor degree in Aviation Management. These studies provide specific knowledge of aviation sector, its development, global tendencies as well as capabilities needed to understand and evaluate complex environment of business aviation, to practically apply contemporary management concepts while working in business organizations of aviation sector.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES ENROLLING IN AVIATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
Secondary and higher
- application form
- documents certifying the qualification (certificate, diploma) and its supplements (documents must be legalized or approved by Apostille);
- document issued by Study Quality Assessment Centre on foreign academic qualifications recognition
- copy of a document certifying the person’s identity, approved by public notary or the respective authorities;
- document certifying the level of English – TOEFL or IELTS certificate or other documents;
- motivation letter;
- curriculum vitae;
- 2 passport size photos.
Requirements for students of aviation management who choose piloting modules of PPL(A) and CPL(A)
1 class health certificate JAR-FCL is is obligatory. Health check is carried out in Aviation Medicine Center.
Additional requirements for license of commercial aviation pilot CPL(A):
Knowledge of Physics, Mathematics, the English Language are important for profession of a pilot. Grades (either of the exam or the annual grade) of each of these subjects must be at least 70 per cent or equal 7. Candidates who have not taken these examinations, might be tested additionally.
Social-emotional preparation and skills
Baltic Aviation Academy selection committee uses specialized tests and structured interviews to evaluate candidates' social competence and needed skills to start a career in aviation field.
CONTENT OF THE COURSE
Studies are divided into 2 parts, depending on the student's need and chosen extra modules to obtain a license of a private pilot PPL(A) or commercial pilot CPL(A):
- Studies of Aviation Management, carried out in Kazimieras Simonavicius University;
- Pilot Trainings, which take place at Baltic Aviation Academy simultaneously.
AVIATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
The course of Aviation Management comprises lectures in a classroom, independent studies and professional internship in Lithuanian and foreign aviation companies. Lectures take place at Kazimieras Simonavicius University.
Professional internship in companies of aviation sector
Duration: Professional internship consists of 400 hrs.
Location: Students of Aviation Academy are involved in activities of Lithuanian and foreign aviation companies from the very first year of studies.
Aim: Internship is to create conditions for the students to directly be involved in various activities, suggest and implement their ideas, receive consulting help from internship supervisors and aviation field specialists. The students of Aviation Management can have internship in different Lithuanian and foreign aviation sector companies. Internship supervisors ensure the necessary level of preparation to join aviation management activities aiming to acquire practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to develop skills for job market.
Aviation Management theoretical program
COURSE DESIGN OF PPL(A) OR CPL(A)
Students of Aviation Management who choose additional modules to obtain a license of a private pilot PPL(A) or commercial pilot CPL(A) must cope with theoretical and practical flight trainings at Baltic Aviation Academy:
Private pilot license PPL(A) module
- 155 hrs of PPL theory;
- 9 examinations of theory subjects at Civil Aviation Administration (CAA);
- 47 hrs of single-engine flights (rules of visual flights)(VFR).
Commercial Aviation pilot CPL(A) license module
- 155 hrs PPL theory Lectures take place Kazimieras Simonavicius University;
- 9 examinations of theory subjects are taken at Civil Aviation Administration (CAA);
- 624 hrs ATPL(A)) theory (lectures take place at Baltic Aviation Academy as part-time studies);
- Practical flights:
- 152 hrs of single-engine flights;
- 13 hrs of multi-engine flights;
- 35 hrs in a flight simulator FNPTII.
Air Law and ATC procedures;
Aircraft General Knowledge;
Flight characteristics and planning;
Lectures take place Kazimieras Simonavicius University.
Principles of Flight;
Aircraft operation manual
Lectures take place Kazimieras Simonavicius University.
9 examinations of theory subjects are taken at Civil Aviation Administration (CAA);.
97 hrs of single-engine flight. Flights are practiced at the Darius and Girenas aerodrome during the summer season (April - October).
To find out more contact us by e-mail: email@example.com or phone +370 5 252 5536
June 20 Emergency Safety Equipment Training (ESET)
June 20 Airbus 320 Type Rating Course Airbus 318/319/320/321 Type Rating Training course is intended to give a participant the necessary knowledge and skills to master the airplane, with the successful outcome of a procedure or manoeuvre never in doubt, and to meet or exceed the appropriate requirements / standards.
June 20 Ditching Water Survival Course Theory lecture and practicle trainings in the swimming pool based on JAR-OPS regulations. For recurrent pilots and (or) cabin crew mainly.
June 26 Real Fire Fighting & Smoke Course Practical trainings held in Real Fire Fighting Simulator, including 6 fire locations. For pilots and cabin crew.