Candidate Entry Process
The selection model used for current candidates of Initial Pilot Training school of the Baltic Aviation Academy has shown that a certain thinking style, co-ordination, spatial orientation, decision making, ability to work under pressure, team working capabilities and motivation are the key values towards the successful pilot career.
‘By creating a unified model we want to select the most suitable candidates at the very beginning of their pilot career. It helps us to understand those who really know what it takes to be a good pilot. This model was developed with the help of current pilots who were involved in its creation themselves’, said Indre Sveistryte, the Head of Baltic Aviation Academy Initial Pilot Training school during World Aviation Training Conference (WATS) 2011.
Applicants seeking the 1st Class Medical Certificates must go through a medical examination in the Aviation Medicine Centre in Vilnius only. Baltic Aviation Academy coordinates and schedules the medical examinations at the time convenient for the candidates trying to organize them at the same time the personal assessments take place.
- Flight physicals cover a one or two-day time period.
- The price of the medical examination is approximately 270 EUR (The payment must be done in cash at the Aviation Medical Centre).
Candidate skill assessment
The skill assessments are used to identify those students who have the greatest abilities of completing the training programs successfully and starting their air carrier after the graduation. These assessments are conducted in the Baltic Aviation Academy in Vilnius over a period of two days.
- Introductory interview;
- Mathematics, physics and English language knowledge assessment.
- The personality and aptitude assessment (I): Numerical and verbal reasoning, behavior traits, professional interest assessment;
The personality and aptitude assessment (II):
- Spatial orientation, task management, coordination, memory;
- Structured interview based on a commercial pilot competence model.
The cost of candidate skill assessment is 200 EUR.